Posted on January 11, 2020 1:12 PM by Admin
- The new all-brass submeters have been installed.
- Utility Submetering Systems began metering water use on January 1, 2020. Homeowners will receive their first bill soon after February 1, 2020.
- Several homeowner/residents have received a notice from Utility Submetering Systems alerting them to what appears to be unusually high water use, which may indicate a leak inside their unit in need of repair. (Note: Editor assumes unusual high water usage was discovered during the installation/replacement of submeters.)
Posted on December 13, 2019 11:51 AM by Admin
REMEMBER: Monthly Maintenance Fees INCREASED from $188.00 to $194.00 on Jan 1, 2019 Be sure to notify your bank of the change, if you use Direct Pay or a similar payment method.
Posted on November 15, 2019 4:28 PM by Admin
- Units will be notified 1-2 days prior to water shutoff for installation of water meters by paper notice at back gate.
- Noticed unit/building(s) will be shut off only during weekdays between 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Used meters are being installed temporarily until new meters are received -- Installing new meters (when received) will NOT require water shutoff.
- Some isolation valve problems (valves controlling water turn off for buildings) have occurred, and are being repaired as quickly as possible.
- The goal is to have all installations completed before Christmas, so that submetering may begin in January. (The City of Phoenix determines sewer rates by usage during January - March.)
- Homeowners will receive water bills from submetering company, and will pay water bills directly to submetering company. Payment instructions will be included with water bills.
- Homeowners will continue to pay monthly maintenance fees to Casa Fiesta as usual.
Posted on June 3, 2019 2:00 PM by Dave Scott, Operations Manager
There have been a couple of large bee hives removed from the tiled roofs in different places. These are difficult to remove. Removal requires tile to be taken off and the plywood underlayment to be removed. By time maintenance gets word of, or notices the hives get quite large. If you see any bee activity or notice them flying in and out of the roofs or walls please inform maintenance as soon as possible. Do not call a pest control company. A pest control company will come and spray the bees and leave the hives intact. Leaving the hive intact causes the honey to seep down the walls and sometimes in the townhouse units itself. We remove the hive to prevent this from happening. Notifying maintenance quickly gives us a chance to eliminate the hive when it is small. So keep an eye out and report any type of bee activity to maintenance. It would be greatly appreciated.
Posted on December 12, 2018 5:07 PM by Admin
Do Not “Buy” Homeowner Water Service Insurance!
Casa Fiesta is responsible for, and makes any needed repairs to, water service lines that deliver water to CF units that connect from the City of Phoenix. The City is responsible for making repairs to City water service lines that connect to CF’s water service lines. Homeowners, Beware of mailers you receive that attempt to get you to buy individual homeowner water service insurance. You do NOT need this insurance.
Posted on September 5, 2018 10:30 AM by Dave Scott, Operations Manager
At this time State farm has agreed to the claim Casa Fiesta has filed for damages. On August 30, 2018 I received the estimate from Automatic Gates and Fence. The estimate was sent to State farm for final approval of the amount. We are waiting for their response. Once I receive the go ahead it will be scheduled for repair. Costs to repair the damages are at $10,000.00.
Posted on August 27, 2018 6:01 PM by Dave Scott, Operations Manager
Block Wall Damage:
I have received the police report regarding the accident that caused the wall damage to the Northwest perimeter wall. All the information is contained in the report and we will begin the Insurance Claims process against the responsible parties.
Major Tree Pruning:
The mesquite tree and a fallen hanging branch of the Sumac tree in the Northwest section are currently being trimmed back. The mesquite is a large tree and will take a few days to prune and cleanup. We will begin the pickup of the branching immediately. This is good BBQ wood that is already seasoned and ready to burn. If you want some for your BBQ, help yourselves to it. It will take most of the week to complete. We are spacing out the cleanup so we do not overfill the dumpsters and leave some space for residents.
Posted on August 24, 2018 6:04 PM by Dave Scott, Operations Manager
On August 6, 2018 there was an auto accident that caused major damage to our perimeter wall on the north side of 21st Ave. Officers were called and information obtained from all involved. This will be an insurance claim but the police report is needed to proceed. All the debris was left in place so the insurance adjuster can see the damage. Police reports are supposed to only take 5 to 10 business days to file with code enforcement / accident reports of the Police Department.
On August 13, I went to Records to obtain the report only to be told it was not in yet, and that it could take up to 10 business days to receive. I have continued to call daily to obtain the report to no avail.
This morning August 20, I had to call the Precinct and leave a message for the police assistant who handled the accident to expedite the report so we can get moving on this claim.
We have cleaned up the loose debris and a repair estimate is due to us today from Automated Gates and Fence Repairs. Updates to follow.